Overview Leh Bike Trip
Known as ‘The Land Of High Passes’, the Leh Ladakh bike trip offers an exhilarating and rewarding route through the rocks and raging streams amidst the majestic views of the Himalayas. Best preferred by most of the riders, it is truly an adventurous journey powered by some fascinating sightseeing hotspots all along the tour. Leh Ladakh bike trip presents the highest motorable passes that take you to explore and observe the local culture, food, best of nature, dramatic views, and snow decorated mountains. On this trip find your way along the icy lakes, forests, valleys, deserts, and cover every nook and cranny of your imagination.
The bike trip has a riding distance of about 1,360km at a maximum height of about 17,470 feet. It attracts the attention of travellers by the trip’s hotspots such as the Hall of Fame, Magnetic hill and Sangam. For dual riders, a Royal Enfield of 500cc and 350cc otherwise would go with the route’s expectations. The bike trip stretches for a maximum of 6 days and remains open to all from mid-May to October when it is admired as one of the best and most famous bike tours to ever experience in India.
Best Time For Bike
The best time recommended for the Leh Ladakh bike trip is from June to September. These ideal months permit the traveller to savour the tourist circuits of Ladakh and to enjoy the Lahaul and Spiti trip. However, many bikers are interested to start the new year with this exciting bike trip with Ladakh’s spell-bounding vistas which can be captured around the year except for monsoon season.
Five Best Bikes For The Leh Bike
Owning or renting the kind of bike that you can easily handle and maintain takes priority while opting for a bike for a safe journey of the Leh Ladakh bike trip. Keeping that in mind, here are the five best bikes for the Leh Ladakh bike trip:
Also Read: Guest posting sites
- Royal Enfield- Provides an engine of either 350 CC or 500 CC.
- Royal Enfield Himalayan- Ensures a strong engine of 400 CC.
- Bajaj Pulsar- Comes with 150CC, 200CC, and 220CC.
- KTM Duke- The new engine variants of Duke 390 and Duke 250.
Things To Carry For Bike Trip
- Warm clothes, Fleece jackets and thermals
- Caps and Extra pair of socks
- Toiletry kit
- Backpack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Biking gears
- Good quality hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
Things To Do In Leh Ladakh
- During your Leh Ladakh bike trip enjoy the special Thukpa and fulfilling traditional Ladakhi cuisine at The Tibetan Kitchen restaurant.
- Have a relaxing time at Lala’s Art Café with a big glass of Italian coffee.
- Adventure sport in the Sangam region that one cannot miss is River rafting which is the world’s highest river-rafting point.
- Experience a simple yet fascinating ride on the extraordinary double-humped (Bactrian) camels found exclusively at Nubra valley.
- Shopping for souvenirs for your tangible memory of Leh Ladakh, also for friends and family at the Leh Market. The snack feast of Maggi at the Khardungla-pass will be the delicious highlight and you know why!
Points To Be Noted
- Leh Ladakh bike trip is at a high altitude and the climatic conditions here vary from the plains, therefore, it is expected that you take adequate time to get accustomed to high altitudes.
- Before signing up for the tour it is necessary to consult a physician. Also, carry basic medications and a first-aid kit after consulting the tour guide.
- Enough warm clothes, a backpack and the right kind of shoes for the tour should be taken care of.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government and social distancing norms are to be followed and maintained.
- For this bike trip, you should be above the age of 25 years with a valid driving license.
- Some considerable riding experience, especially of long bike tours is recommended before undertaking the Leh Ladakh bike tour.
- To visit the protected areas in the region of Ladakh, the Indian nationals do require an Inner Line Permit or ILP.
- International tourists have to carry an International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by their home country along with their passports.