Accounting and bookkeeping have evolved dramatically in the current world compared to the traditional methods. The paperwork has been phased out, and powerful digital accounting software has taken its place. With the rapid advancement of technology and the sheer volume of work, adopting such an application is the greatest method to save manual effort and speed up business operations. QuickBooks is a top-notch financial accounting software. Intuit Inc. invented and constructed this technology-oriented accounting and bookkeeping software suite.
Unfortunately, despite the fact that this cutting-edge software comes at a reasonable price, it nevertheless suffers from ‘QuickBooks Errors,’ which force an organization or business house to perform QB activities. Intuit Inc. introduced the QuickBooks File Doctor feature at this time. This utility was created to protect the QuickBooks data file(s) from being damaged or corrupted. It can also assist users in manually resolving network problems.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor, and how does it work?
QuickBooks File Doctor is an application by Intuit that combines two connection diagnostic tools capabilities into one program. Previously, intuit had two different programs to tackle various challenges. The QuickBooks connection file diagnostic tool (QCFD) and the QuickBooks network connection diagnostic tool (QCNDT) were two among them (QNCD).
The QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor tool (QBFD) is a built-in feature of QuickBooks 2016 and later editions. This file doctor application is primarily intended to identify and correct QuickBooks issues in your company file via the network. You can use this tools if you suspect data corruption or if you’re having trouble opening your corporate file due to -6000 series problems.
Errors in the QuickBooks Database
Here are some of the QuickBooks faults that the QuickBooks File Doctor can fix. When a QB user is unable to read or access a corporate file, certain error codes appear (s).
|QB Error -6000 -301||QB Error -6000 -82|
|QB Error -6000 -77||QB Error -6150|
|QB Error -6147||QB Error -6130|
When QuickBooks is opened in multi-user mode or on a network, the following issues can occur:
|QuickBooks Error H101||QuickBooks Error H202|
|QuickBooks Error H303||QuickBooks Error H505|
Here are several logical facts that could lead to QuickBooks Data Corruption or Damage:
- When the QuickBooks Database file dimensions exceed the limit, which is 200 MB for QuickBooks Pro and 450 MB for QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Together with the resources, there is a lack of specification. RAM, Network Interface, Virtual Memory, Network Cables, Routers, and other components are examples.
- This problem can be caused by an incorrect QuickBooks shutdown.
- If you don’t have a good UPS, a sudden power fluctuation or fall can cause the entire disc to be damaged.
- Because of the malicious attack of this malware or virus on the hard disc where the QB database is stored.
What are the different types of QuickBooks file doctor tools?
- QuickBooks File Doctor is a stand-alone version of QuickBooks.
(Note: The most recent File Doctor version can be downloaded from the internet.) For file hosting purposes, the stand-alone version is used from the web server where only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component is installed.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later have a built-in file doctor.
- QBFD (QuickBooks File Doctor Tool) is only compatible with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. QuickBooks for Mac is not compatible with this software.
- You may see a prompt on your screen that says QuickBooks 2015 or later QuickBooks versions. Please use QB File Doctor’s internal (built-in) version.
- In Windows systems, utilize the Admin login to access Network diagnosis and repair settings.
- Before setting up Multi-user repair and diagnosis options, make sure QuickBooks Hosting is turned on.
- Settings for QuickBooks File Repair: (optional)
When Should You Use the File Doctor Tool?
- QuickBooks File Doctor was introduced to fight errors and technical concerns.
- It is a simple and effective tool that discovers and repairs a wide range of files as well as data corruption.
- This software can also be used to diagnose network issues, windows issues, and a variety of other issues.
- This utility assists users in identifying all damaged files and repairing them as quickly as possible.
- The easiest technique to troubleshoot and rectify issues is supposed to be with QB File Doctor.
How might the QuickBooks File Doctor tool assist you?
- If you’ve misplaced some of your company’s key files or employee information, the QuickBooks file doctor tool can help you recover them quickly.
- If you are unable to access company files and are experiencing QuickBooks Error 6000 series errors such as 6146, 6150, or 6130, this software will resolve your issues.
- This program can be quite useful when dealing with network issues, especially when it comes to the multi-user setup difficulty (H101, H202, H303, or H505 failures).
- If your file is significantly damaged and you are unable to open it, QuickBooks File Doctor can help.
What is the best way to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool?
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the Intuit QuickBooks official website and install it on your PC.
Note: If the system already has a File Doctor version installed, the computer will display a green File Doctor icon. If you have an earlier version of QuickBooks File Doctor, it is recommended that you remove it and download the most recent version.
- Double-click the exe file after it has finished downloading, and then follow the instructions to install the QBFD tool.
- QB File Doctor launches immediately after a successful installation. If File Doctor does not appear, go to the green icon in the “Task Bar”
- Look for the desired QB company file in the drop-down list. If you don’t see the QB business file list, click on the “browse” icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Damage to the QB company file or network connectivity: If you notice any damage to the QB company file or encounter 6xxx series problems like -6150, -6000 -305, -6000 -82, etc., you should contact your system administrator.
- Network connectivity only: Only if you’re using QuickBooks in a multi-user environment and get error number H202, H303, or H505 when trying to open a QB Company file in a multi-user environment.
- If prompted, enter the QB Company file Admin password and then click the “Next” option.
- Select the ‘Host/Server’ or ‘Computer’ after being routed.
- Make sure you choose the correct option…!
- Select the “Workstation” icon if the File Doctor is being run on a system other than the host computer or server.
- If the QB File Doctor is operating on the server, select the “Server” icon.
- In the event that you are asked to share the company file, choose one of the following options:-
- Yes: If File Doctor is installed on the machine hosting the QB Company file, this option should be selected.
- No: If File Doctor isn’t installed on the machine housing the QB Company file, this option should be selected.
- Finally, wait for the QuickBooks File Doctor to complete its examinations.
- After the QuickBooks diagnosis and repair procedure is completed, close the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Despite the fact that QB File Doctor is an efficient tool for resolving various QuickBooks mistakes, it is not capable of resolving all of them. You’ll need professional assistance to solve them.
If you run into any other issues while using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool, or if the file doctor fails to fix the damaged company file, we recommend contacting our QuickBooks Support team at +1-844-947-4350.