How to Change OST File Name to PST?
Summary: This article compares and contrasts the best freeways for change OST file name to PST. We also recommend using expert software to change your OST files into PST files, whether they are damaged or not. So that you may import output PST files into Outlook 2019, 2016, and earlier versions as soon as possible. Change OST file name to PST format for Microsoft Outlook. Get simplest method to change OST file to PST including complete information.
In Microsoft Outlook, both OST and PST files are required. PST files are used to keep the copy of data from Outlook on the configured machine, whilst OST files are used to preserve the offline copy of data from the Exchange Server. There are numerous apparent reasons why people change OST files to PST files. Let’s go through everything:
Why Changing OST File Name to PST?
- You won’t have to worry about your data being unexpectedly erased from the Exchange server if you changing OST files name to PST.
- In the situation that your Exchange server breaks for whatever reason, you may still access your data.
- You may store the PST files in a secure place after changing OST to PST files.
OST files become unreachable during Exchange server maintenance. If you wish to utilize such files, you must first change OST to PST and then import them into Microsoft Outlook.
Top Methods to Change OST file to PST
First method is a manual method to change OST file name and second method is an automated and expert-recommended method. Now we will discuss both of the methods:
#1 Manual Method of Changing OST file Name to PST
- Open MS outlook to your system
- Open file menu and select the Import & Export Option
- After that, choose the export to a file and hit the next button
- Therefore, select the outlook data file (.pst) and choose next option
- Eventually, choose the mailbox to folder which you export from, and select the next option and lastly click on the finish button
Note: You’ll need an Exchange server connection and Outlook installed on your local computer to use this approach.
Top Challenges to Change OST file to PST
- Same Exchange User Account is Needed: Users cannot access an OST file using a separate account or Exchange account. It can only be accessed using the exchange account used to create it. All I want to add is that only users with original Outlook may change OST file name to PST files.
- Corrupted OST file Conversion is not Possible: You’re obviously aware that Outlook won’t let you access damaged OST files. When your exchange server is offline, you won’t be able to reconstruct your OST file to replace a corrupted one. This is the point at which manual OST file conversion is no longer feasible.
- Exchange mailboxes with orphaned OST files cannot be recovered: Orphaned OST files are OST files that aren’t linked to your Exchange server. When Exchange fails, orphaned OST files become the sole source of a user’s mailbox data. Surprisingly, no manual procedure exists for converting orphaned OST data files. Only manual procedures are used to convert an OST file that is linked to your Exchange server.
- Top specialized expertise is required: Manual techniques are appropriate for people who are familiar with Outlook or have technical understanding of data movement. If you are a newbie in terms of technical abilities, we suggest you not to attempt these approaches. It might make your OST file unavailable to Outlook or perhaps damage it.
#2 Change OST File to PST File in Automated Solution
BitRecover OST to PST Converter is a trusted tool for reliably changing OST files name to PST files. Without any prior knowledge, the utility effectively repairs and converts both damaged and non-corrupted OST files. This programmed may be used by both novices and pros to export their OST files without difficulty.
Steps to Changing OST File to PST File
- Download the software of given above the link
- The Exchange OST to PST Converter can load *.ost files from the default storage location automatically. By choosing files or directories, you may manually add offline files.
- In the programed interface, you may preview OST email folders; you can pick individual or all OST folders and then hit the Next button.
- The software allows you to save in a variety of formats; choose PST as the saving format as indicated in the desired screenshot.
- It allows you to generate different PSTs for each user, as well as pick the destination path if you don’t want the data to be stored on your desktop. Now choose Convert from the drop-down menu.
Special Feature of this Software
There is no simple manual solution available for changing emails from OST to Outlook PST files. As a result, we’ll show you how to change OST to MS PST in a quick, safe, and error-free manner. Multiple features and comprehensive support for Windows OS and Outlook editions are included in the solution to transfer Exchange OST to Outlook PST.
- A user may save many OST files in a single folder, then choose the folder and begin the OST file conversion procedure all at once.
- The program takes extra care to preserve the integrity of the OST file contents throughout the change OST file name to PST conversion procedure. It is designed to provide reliable, error-free output in the form of an Outlook PST file.
- It is an ideal option for people who wish to convert OST to PST without installing Outlook. To convert an OST file to an Outlook PST file, no Outlook installation is required.
An OST file may be converted to a PST file for free if you have access to the Outlook profile. You have no choice but to utilize one of the recovery programs if you just have the OST file.
All of the free tools available on the internet are restricted. They may display the contents of the OST file, but only a limited number of things may be exported.
When it comes to you change OST file name to PST, a superb application like BitRecover will save you a lot of time.